Issued 09:30 PM NST 18 February 2018
Tonight and Monday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots tonight and Monday.
Flurries beginning Monday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures between minus 15 and minus 26.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 February 2018 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4825N 5305W to 4750N 4900W
to 5040N 4820W to 5500N 5225W to 5600N 5555W to 5800N 5800W then
northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 18 February 2018 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight quasi-stationary trough located north of
the Marine District.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
east-west over Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:13 PM NST 18 February 2018 A trough of low pressure north of the marine district will remain
nearly stationary. Meanwhile, a ridge of high pressure will remain
nearly stationary over Newfoundland tonight. Strong to gale force
westerlies will persist over the Labrador Sea between these two
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings and freezing spray
warnings are in effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: