Issued 09:30 PM NDT 25 March 2023
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind light becoming northeast 10 to 15 knots Sunday afternoon.
Flurries ending overnight.
Temperatures near minus 4 tonight. High Sunday zero.
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 25 March 2023
Monday Wind northeast 15 knots.
Tuesday Wind northeast 10 to 15 knots.
Wednesday Wind north 10 to 15 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 25 March 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday Consolidated first-year ice.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 March 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4647N 5257W to 4750N 5104W
to 4846N 5044W to 5042N 5400W to 5457N 5222W to 5600N 5622W to 5803N
5815W then northeastward. Sea ice north then west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 25 March 2023 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: