Issued 09:30 AM NST 05 December 2020
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 20 this afternoon then diminishing to light Sunday morning. Wind increasing to northeast 10 to 15 Sunday afternoon and to northeast 15 to 20 Sunday evening.
Periods of snow Sunday evening. Visibility as low as 1 mile in snow.
Risk of freezing spray tonight and Sunday morning.
Temperatures minus 3 falling to minus 8 this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 5 December 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5210N 5535W to 5335N 5430W to
5545N 5920W to 6045N 6245W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice
3 tenths new ice except 6 tenths new ice including 2 tenths grey ice
in the western section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 5 December 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 a.m. NST today trough located over the North Labrador Coast.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Sunday trough located over the East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 AM NST 5 December 2020 Marine interests are advised that all warnings have ended.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: