Issued 04:00 AM NDT 29 March 2020
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind light today tonight and Monday.
High today minus 4. Low tonight minus 14. High Monday minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 March 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5250W to 4630N 4700W
to 4800N 4645W to 4945N 4945W to 5300N 5030W to 5500N 5200W to 5630N
5600W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice north then west of the
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 29 March 2020 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today trough located east of the Marine District.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over western Labrador.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Mid Labrador Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM NDT 29 March 2020 A trough of low pressure over the Labrador Sea will move east of the
district today. Strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of the
trough shift to northwesterlies in its wake. Winds will diminish
later today as the trough moves away.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the South Labrador Sea and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - eastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - western half
- Northumberland Strait
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: