Issued 04:00 AM NST 21 January 2022
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 20 this morning. Wind southwest 15 to 20 tonight and Saturday.
Temperatures between minus 18 and minus 28.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 January 2022 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4739N 5240W to 4807N 5226W
to 4930N 5315W to 5030N 5519W to 5246N 5358W to 5444N 5456W to 5544N
5633W to 5803N 5738W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 21 January 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. NST today intensifying trough located over the East
By 4:00 p.m. NST today low 990 mb located over the East Labrador
At 4:00 p.m. NST today ridge located over northern Labrador.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Saturday ridge located over the Northwest
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:44 AM NST 21 January 2022 A trough of low pressure will intensify into a low pressure system
over the East Labrador Sea today. Strong southwesterly winds ahead of
the trough will shift to gale to storm force northwesterly winds in
its wake. Winds will diminish as it departs the marine district on
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with open water.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: