Issued 04:00 AM NDT 21 March 2018
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light becoming northeast 15 knots Thursday evening.
Periods of snow ending near noon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
High today minus 1. Low tonight minus 12. High Thursday minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 March 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4715N 5245W to 4840N 5050W
to 5425N 5110W to 5635N 5515W to 5800N 5825W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 21 March 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 997 mb located over northern Belle
By 9:30 a.m. NDT today departing low 1001 mb located east of Belle
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line east-west over
the Mid Labrador Coast.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday weakening trough located on a line
east-west over the South Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday ridge located from Labrador to Funk
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 AM NDT 21 March 2018 A trough of low pressure over the Mid Labrador Coast will weaken
throughout the forecast period. Strong to gale force northwesterlies
to the north of the trough will diminish to moderate to strong
northwesterlies tonight or Thursday as the trough weakens.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Mid Labrador Coast, North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south, South
Labrador Sea - northwestern half, and Northwest Labrador Sea -
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: