Issued 09:30 PM NST 17 January 2020
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots veering to west 15 Saturday morning.
Temperatures near minus 25.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 17 January 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4840N 5300W to 4920N 5240W
to 5020N 5540W to 5200N 5340W to 5440N 5340W to 5615N 5645W to 5800N
5800W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 17 January 2020 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight low 995 mb located over the East Labrador
By 4:00 a.m. NST Saturday dissipating low 996 mb located east of
the East Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight low 960 mb located southeast of the
By 9:30 p.m. NST Saturday low 959 mb located south of Greenland.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 PM NST 17 January 2020 A low pressure system over the East Labrador Sea will slowly weaken
as it tracks east and dissipates west of Greenland tonight.
Meanwhile, an intense low pressure system over the Northern Grand
Banks will track to lie southeast of the Labrador Sea on Saturday.
Gale to storm force northwesterlies are forecast over most waters
throughout the forecast period due to these systems.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Coast and South Labrador Sea. Gale warnings are in
effect for all remaining waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with open water.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: