Issued 04:00 PM NST 19 January 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots backing to southwest 15 near midnight then diminishing to light Thursday morning.
Flurries ending this evening.
Temperatures near minus 21.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 19 January 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4838N 5301W to 4930N 5315W
to 5030N 5519W to 5246N 5358W to 5444N 5456W to 5544N 5633W to 5803N
5738W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 19 January 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. NST today trough located on a line north-south over
the East Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Thursday trough located east of Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NST today ridge located over Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Thursday ridge located over eastern Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:42 PM NST 19 January 2022 A trough of low pressure over the East Labrador Sea will move east of
the district tonight. Strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of
the trough will shift to west to northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville and the Mid Labrador Coast - north of
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with open water.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: