Issued 04:00 AM NST 09 February 2023
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind west 15 knots backing to southwest 10 to 15 late overnight then becoming light Friday afternoon.
High today minus 14. Temperatures falling to minus 28 near noon Friday. High Friday minus 22.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 8 February 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4842N 5305W to 4933N 5332W
to 5013N 5512W to 5047N 5323W to 5324N 5057W to 5535N 5319W to 5617N
5558W to 5803N 5746W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 9 February 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. NST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the East Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Friday trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the southern East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:44 AM NST 9 February 2023 A trough of low pressure over the East Labrador Sea will move
southeastward to lie southeast of the Labrador Sea on Friday. Strong
to gale force northwesterlies can be expected in the wake of the
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville, South Labrador Coast, and Mid Labrador
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Sea, Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern
half, and East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: