Issued 09:30 PM NST 18 January 2020
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 Sunday evening.
Temperatures between minus 19 and minus 27.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 January 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4840N 5300W to 4930N 5245W
to 5015N 5530W to 5200N 5330W to 5430N 5345W to 5615N 5645W to 5800N
5800W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 18 January 2020 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight low 958 mb located south of Greenland.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Sunday departing low 962 mb located east of
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 p.m. NST Sunday ridge located on a line east-west over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:26 PM NST 18 January 2020 An intense low pressure system south of Greenland will depart to the
east tonight. Strong to gale force northwesterlies will diminish to
strong westerlies tonight as the low moves away.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville and North Labrador Coast.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with open water.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: