Issued 09:30 PM NDT 31 May 2023
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light becoming northeast 15 knots Thursday morning.
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 31 May 2023
Friday Wind northeast 15 knots.
Saturday Wind northeast 10 to 15 knots.
Sunday Wind light.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 31 May 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday Ice free.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 31 May 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5138N 5637W to
Newfoundland near 5124N 5634W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4934N 5428W to
5125N 5502W to 5501N 5409W to 5532N 5610W to 5803N 5815W then
northeastward. Sea ice north then west of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 31 May 2023 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line north-south over
the Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Thursday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: