Issued 04:00 AM NDT 25 October 2020
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind west 25 knots diminishing to west 15 to 20 this morning then veering to northwest 25 this afternoon. Wind backing to southwest 20 Monday morning.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 19 July 2020 Forecasts have ended for the season.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 25 October 2020 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 984 mb located over the northern South
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Monday intensifying low 980 mb located southwest
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 AM NDT 25 October 2020 A low pressure system over the northern part of the South Labrador
Sea will move eastwards to lie southwest of Greenland tonight, before
departing to the east on Monday. Strong to gale force southeasterlies
ahead of the low will shift to gale force northwesterly on Sunday in
its wake. Winds will diminish on Monday as low departs.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: