Issued 04:00 AM NST 22 February 2018
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 15 knots backing to southwest 15 to 20 this morning then increasing to southwest 25 Friday afternoon.
Temperatures between minus 17 and minus 25.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 February 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5250W to 4730N 4850W
to 5040N 4820W to 5500N 5225W to 5600N 5530W to 5800N 5700W then
northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 22 February 2018 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. NST today deepening low 988 mb located over
southeastern Belle Isle Bank.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Friday deepening low 954 mb located southeast
At 9:30 a.m. NST today high located over Quebec.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Friday high located over the Maritimes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 AM NST 22 February 2018 A low pressure system over Belle Isle Bank will rapidly intensify as
it moves out over the North Atlantic today and tonight. Meanwhile, a
strong area of high pressure over Quebec will build slowly eastward
towards the Maritimes. Gale force northwesterlies can be expected
over most waters today through Friday between these features.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: