Issued 04:00 AM NST 27 November 2022
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind light becoming southwest 10 to 15 knots near noon then becoming light Monday morning.
Periods of snow ending this afternoon.
Temperatures minus 6 to minus 2 falling to minus 7 near noon Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 26 November 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5347N 5630W to Labrador
near 5430N 5725W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5514N 5913W to 5612N
6027W to 5751N 6131W to 6024N 6355W to 6047N 6249W then
northeastward. Sea ice west then north of the ice edge.
6 tenths new ice including 2 tenths of grey ice. Consolidated grey
ice along parts of the coast.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 27 November 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. NST today low 990 mb located over Ungava Bay.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Monday departing low 986 mb located over the
Northwest Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight trough located over the South Labrador
By 4:00 a.m. NST Monday trough located over the East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 AM NST 27 November 2022 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for North Labrador Coast and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: