Issued 04:00 PM NST 05 March 2021
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light tonight and Saturday.
Low tonight minus 12. High Saturday minus 5.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 5 March 2021 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4839N 5303W to 4929N 5304W
to 5012N 5428W to 5207N 5221W to 5532N 5248W to 5642N 5716W to 5803N
5825W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 5 March 2021 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. NST today quasi-stationary low 984 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 PM NST 5 March 2021 A low pressure system over Western Labrador will remain nearly
stationary tonight before beginning to weaken into a trough on
Saturday as it moves into the Labrador Sea. Strong to gale force
northeasterlies over northern waters will become gale force north to
northwesterlies on Saturday behind the trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: