Issued 04:00 AM NDT 18 October 2019
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots increasing to northeast 25 this morning then diminishing to light this evening. Wind becoming northwest 15 Saturday afternoon.
Rain beginning this morning. Fog patches forming this evening and dissipating Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 18 October 2019 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line east-west over
central Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located north of the Marine District.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 986 mb located over southern New
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday low 993 mb located over Lake Melville.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM NDT 18 October 2019 A low pressure system over Southern New Brunswick will move to lie
over the Quebec Lower North Shore this afternoon then drift slowly
northeastward across Southeastern Labrador tonight and Saturday.
Strong to gale force southeasterly to northeasterly winds will spread
northward across the marine district today and into Saturday as the
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: