Issued 04:00 AM NST 25 February 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light today tonight and Wednesday.
Periods of snow ending this morning.
Temperatures minus 10 falling to minus 18 Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 February 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4830N 5300W to 4845N 5045W
to 5045N 4915W to 5515N 5245W to 5615N 5615W to 5800N 5840W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 25 February 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. NST today low 1007 mb located over western Labrador.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Wednesday low 996 mb located east of the East
At 4:00 a.m. NST today dissipating trough located over the coast
At 4:00 a.m. NST today departing ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 AM NST 25 February 2020 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: