Issued 03:00 AM ADT 19 August 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind light increasing to southerly 10 to 15 knots this afternoon and to southwest 15 to 20 near midnight. Wind diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 Tuesday evening.
Showers ending this evening. Showers beginning Tuesday afternoon with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog patches dissipating Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 June 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 18 August 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
5032N 5620W to 5015N 4820W to 5400N 4810W to 5700N 5430W to 6135N
6000W to 6330N 5700W to 5900N 4805W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Aug estimated from Newfoundland
near 5027N 5726W to Quebec near 5109N 5838W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 18 August 2019 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over East Scotian Slope.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low located southwest of Laurentian Fan.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Monday low located southeast of Laurentian Fan.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday trough located from James Bay to the
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Monday trough located from Quebec to New Brunswick.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: