East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 03:30 PM NST 24 February 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southeast 10 to 15 knots veering to southwest 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind southwest 10 to 15 Tuesday.
Fog patches forming near midnight and dissipating near noon Tuesday.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 February 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4830N 5300W to 4845N 5045W
to 5045N 4915W to 5515N 5245W to 5615N 5615W to 5800N 5840W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 24 February 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4730N 5240W to 4730N 4650W to 4910N 4545W to 5400N 5000W to 6230N
5359W to 5744N 4500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5144N 5626W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs north of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NST 24 February 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. NST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Belle Isle Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Tuesday departing ridge located east of Funk
At 3:30 p.m. NST today low 1004 mb located south of the Grand Banks.
By 3:30 p.m. NST Tuesday low 1006 mb located east of the Grand
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:11 PM NST 24 February 2020 Marine interests are advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: