East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 30 March 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind north 35 knots diminishing to north 25 near noon and to northeast 10 to 15 near midnight. Wind veering to east 20 Tuesday afternoon.
Periods of rain. Fog banks forming Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 March 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5250W to 4655N 4750W
to 4810N 4720W to 4945N 4955W to 5300N 5030W to 5530N 5310W to 5630N
5700W to 5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice north then west of the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 29 March 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4638N 5335W to 4505N 4700W to 4610N 4500W to 4800N 4415W to 4920N
4420W to 5330N 4800W to 5835N 5525W to 6100N 5300W to 5800N 4900W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5015N 6041W to Newfoundland near 4844N 5836W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except 10 to 25 icebergs north of the iceberg
Warnings (In effect)
East Coast - Cape St. Francis and southIssued 10:00 AM NDT 30 March 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 30 March 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line north-south over
the Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the East Coast of Newfoundland.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday ridge located over northern Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:40 AM NDT 30 March 2020 A trough of low pressure over the Grand Banks will move slowly
westward to lie northeast to southwest over Newfoundland Tuesday
evening. Strong to gale force northerlies are forecast just west of
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Gulf, Gulf - Port au Port, East Coast
- Cape St Francis and south and Northeast Coast - north of Cape St.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - eastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - western half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: