East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
Issued 08:00 PM NDT 20 April 2018
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind east 15 to 20 knots increasing to southwest 25 late this evening and locally gusts to 35 along the coast after midnight. Wind southwest 25 Saturday.
Periods of rain and fog banks changing to showers or flurries late overnight.
Temperatures zero to plus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 April 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5255W to 4730N 4915W
to 4830N 4855W to 4940N 5120W to 5320N 5210W to 5630N 5830W to 5800N
5900W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 2 tenths first-year ice in the extreme eastern
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 April 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4713N 5257W to 4545N 4730W to 4545N 4545W to 4645N 4515W to 4815N
4515W to 5100N 4715W to 5300N 4900W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5012N 6048W to Newfoundland near 4855N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except 26 to 50 icebergs north of the iceberg
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 20 April 2018 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 995 mb located over the Southwest
Coast of Newfoundland.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Saturday low 990 mb located over southeastern
Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:52 PM NDT 20 April 2018 A low pressure system over the Southwest Coast will track across
Newfoundland tonight and then stall over the Belle Isle Bank on
Saturday. Strong to gale force southwesterlies to the east of its
track will shift to strong northerlies to southwesterlies over all
waters in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Southwest Coast - Ramea and east.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: