East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
Issued 08:00 PM NDT 19 August 2019
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to southwest 25 Tuesday afternoon.
Showers beginning Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 19 August 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
5032N 5620W to 5030N 5425W to 5120N 5200W to 5700N 5430W to 6145N
5940W to 6330N 5700W to 5900N 4805W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Aug estimated from Newfoundland
near 5027N 5726W to Quebec near 5109N 5838W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 19 August 2019 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Grand Banks.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Tuesday weakening ridge located east of the
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary trough located over
Belle Isle Bank.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Tuesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Newfoundland.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: