East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
Issued 03:30 PM NST 24 January 2020
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 25 knots and locally gusts to 35 along the coast. Wind diminishing to west 15 to 20 this evening. Wind west 15 to 20 Saturday.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray beginning this evening.
Temperatures near minus 7.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 January 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4930N 5225W
to 5025N 5455W to 5120N 5230W to 5505N 5215W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Open water except 8 tenths new ice along parts of the coast north of
the Bonavista Peninsula.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 24 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5223N 5538W to 5330N 5245W to 5700N 5600W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
East Coast - north of Cape St. FrancisIssued 3:30 PM NST 24 January 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NST 24 January 2020 Tonight and Saturday At 3:30 p.m. NST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over southern Funk Island Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. NST tonight departing trough located east of the
At 3:30 p.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:24 PM NST 24 January 2020 A trough of low pressure over Southern Funk Island Bank will move
east of the marine district this evening. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies in the wake of the trough will subside somewhat
tonight as it recedes into the Atlantic.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Belle Isle Bank and Funk Island Bank.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Gulf, East Coast - north
of Cape St. Francis, Northeast Coast, Belle Isle Bank, and Funk
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: