Cabot Strait - southern half
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 30 March 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northerly 10 to 15 knots increasing to northerly 20 this evening then veering to easterly 15 Tuesday afternoon.
Flurries beginning overnight becoming showers or flurries Tuesday morning.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 March 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4510N 6125W to 4500N 6000W
to 4520N 5900W to 4725N 5900W to Newfoundland near 4710N 5525W. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
1 tenth first-year ice except 7 tenths grey-white ice including 2
tenths first-year ice along parts of the coast of Cape Breton.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 29 March 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4638N 5335W to 4505N 4700W to 4610N 4500W to 4800N 4415W to 4920N
4420W to 5330N 4800W to 5835N 5525W to 6100N 5300W to 5800N 4900W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5015N 6041W to Newfoundland near 4844N 5836W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 30 March 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from Anticosti Island to
East Scotian Slope.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday dissipating ridge located over the Gulf
of St. Lawrence.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 1007 mb located southeast of Cape Cod.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday low 994 mb located south of East Scotian
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:13 AM ADT 30 March 2020 A low pressure system southeast of Cape Cod will move to lie
South of East Scotian Slope by Tuesday evening. Strong to
Gale force east to northeast winds are expected ahead and north
Of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, LaHave Bank and West Scotian
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - eastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - western half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: