Cabot Strait - southern half
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 01 June 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 20 to 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 early Tuesday evening.
Periods of rain. Fog patches forming near noon Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:55 PM EDT 1 June 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4704N 5508W to 4540N 5310W to 4425N 4735W to 4430N 4530W to 4640N
4405W to 4925N 4425W to 5500N 5000W to 6015N 5830W to 6220N 5700W to
5820N 5030W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5015N 6033W to Newfoundland near 4858N 5826W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Cabot Strait - southern halfIssued 8:00 PM ADT 01 June 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 1 June 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located from the Quebec Lower
North Shore to Banquereau.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday trough located from the Quebec Lower
North Shore to the Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located near the Great Lakes.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday ridge located over New England.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: