Cabot Strait - southern half
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 31 March 2020
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind easterly 10 to 15 knots increasing to northeast 20 to 25 early Wednesday morning then veering to east 30 near noon Wednesday.
Showers or flurries ending this evening. Periods of rain and fog patches overnight and Wednesday.
Temperatures near plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 31 March 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4510N 6125W to 4500N 6000W
to 4520N 5900W to 4725N 5900W to Newfoundland near 4710N 5525W. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
1 tenth first-year ice except 7 tenths grey-white ice including 2
tenths first-year ice along parts of the coast of Cape Breton.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:19 PM EDT 31 March 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4655N 5556W to 4500N 5250W to 4445N 4700W to 4600N 4450W to 5030N
4345W to 5330N 4800W to 5800N 5500W to 5930N 5400W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 31 March 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 994 mb located south of East Scotian
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday departing low 996 mb located south of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:25 PM ADT 31 March 2020 A low pressure system south of east scotia slope will drift eastward
today. Strong to gale force northerly winds north of the low will
diminish somewhat tonight as the low pulls away from the region.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Anticosti - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: