Cabot Strait - northern half
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 21 July 2018
Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 knots increasing to southeast 20 this evening with gusts to 35 in the Wreckhouse area. Wind diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 Sunday morning and to light Sunday evening.
Showers and fog patches. Risk of thunderstorms tonight and Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 July 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4724N 5244W to 4715N 4600W to 4800N 4445W to 4845N 4445W to 5700N
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5116N 5810W to Newfoundland near 5036N 5720W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Cabot Strait - northern halfIssued 3:30 PM ADT 21 July 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 21 July 2018 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today quasi-stationary ridge located east of the
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today dissipating low located over Southwestern
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low located near Cape Hatteras.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Sunday low located over southern Ontario.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: