Cabot Strait - northern half
Issued 08:00 PM AST 24 February 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southeast 20 knots with gusts to 35 in the Wreckhouse area. Wind becoming southwest 15 to 20 late overnight then diminishing to light near noon Tuesday.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 February 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4530N
5955W to 4520N 5750W to 4640N 5800W to 4725N 5820W to Newfoundland
near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
7 tenths grey ice including 3 tenths grey-white ice except 9 tenths
grey-white ice including 2 tenths first-year ice in the western
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 24 February 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4730N 5240W to 4730N 4650W to 4910N 4545W to 5400N 5000W to 6230N
5359W to 5744N 4500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5144N 5626W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 24 February 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located south of
the Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 1002 mb located over central Quebec.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Tuesday departing low 1008 mb located northeast
of Anticosti Island.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: