Cabot Strait - northern half
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 30 March 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northerly 15 knots increasing to north 20 to 25 early this evening then diminishing to east 15 Tuesday afternoon.
Flurries beginning overnight becoming showers or flurries Tuesday morning.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 March 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4510N 6125W to 4500N 6000W
to 4520N 5900W to 4725N 5900W to Newfoundland near 4710N 5525W. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
Open water except 7 tenths grey-white ice including 2 tenths
first-year ice along the coast of Cape Breton.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 30 March 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4638N 5335W to 4505N 4700W to 4610N 4500W to 4800N 4415W to 4920N
4420W to 5330N 4800W to 5835N 5525W to 6100N 5300W to 5800N 4900W
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 30 March 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today ridge located over the western Gulf of
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight dissipating ridge located over New
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 1006 mb located over southern Georges
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday low 994 mb located south of East Scotian
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:21 PM ADT 30 March 2020 A low pressure system over Southern Georges Bank will slowly pass
south of the marine district tonight to lie south of East Scotian
Slope by Tuesday evening. Strong to gale force east to northeast
winds are expected ahead and north of the low. Also over the
southeastern half of Anticosti marine region strong to gale force
northeast winds are expected to develop overnight tonight and
continue through Tuesday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, LaHave Bank, west Scotian
Slope and Anticosti - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - eastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - western half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: