Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2022
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 4 February 2023 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. AST today low 950 mb located north of Newfoundland.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Sunday low 965 mb located east of Labrador Sea.
At 3:30 p.m. AST today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. AST Sunday trough located east of the Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. AST Sunday approaching trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:18 PM AST 4 February 2023 An intense low pressure system north of Newfoundland will slowly
Move eastward tonight and Sunday. Gale to storm force west to
northwest winds will gradually diminish as the low moves away.
Late on Sunday a trough will approach from the west and give strong
to possibly gale force southerlies over southeastern waters.
An extremely cold airmass sitting over the region combined with the
gale to storm force winds are keeping moderate to severe freezing
spray throughout the marine district. Conditions are expected to
improve tonight and Sunday as the cold air moves away and winds
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Banquereau - northern half, Cabot Strait, Gulf - Magdalen,
Chaleur - Miscou and Anticosti. Gale warnings are in effect for
All remaining waters. Freezing spray warnings are in effect for
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: