Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2022
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 8 February 2023 Tonight and Thursday At 3:30 p.m. AST today trough located over the Maritimes.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Thursday trough located east of the Marine
At 10:00 a.m. AST Thursday ridge located over Maine.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Thursday ridge located on a line north-south over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:11 PM AST 8 February 2023 A trough over the Maritimes will progress eastward to lie east of the
marine district tonight. Strong to gale force northwesterlies are
expected behind the trough. Winds will diminish over southwestern
waters on Thursday as a ridge approaches the region.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
eastern shore - eastern half, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu,
Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait -
eastern half, Gulf - Magdalen, and Anticosti - southwestern half.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for eastern shore, Fourchu,
Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait, Gulf - Magdalen, Chaleur -
Miscou and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: