Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2019
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 18 February 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing ridge located over Laurentian
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight intensifying trough located near Cape Cod.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Wednesday intensifying trough located from
Anticosti Island to East Scotian Slope.
At 8:00 p.m. AST Wednesday departing trough located east of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:44 PM AST 18 February 2020 A trough will approach from the west to lie over New England this
evening. This trough will push eastward across the district on
Wednesday. Winds will increase to strong to storm force southerlies
ahead of the trough. Strong to gale force westerlies will develop in
the wake of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Banquereau, Laurentian Fan and Cabot Strait - southern half.
Gale warnings are in effect for all other waters except Fundy and
Northumberland Strait - western half.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Cabot Strait, Gulf -
Magdalen - northeastern half and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: