Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2019
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 18 January 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. AST today departing low 955 mb located east of
At 3:00 a.m. AST today ridge located west of the Marine District.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Sunday ridge located east of the Marine District.
At 3:00 a.m. AST Sunday low 1007 mb located near Cape Cod.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Sunday low 994 mb located near Fourchu.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:39 AM AST 18 January 2020 Gale to storm force northerly winds over eastern waters in the wake
of an intense low pressure system east of Newfoundland will gradually
diminish throughout the day as the disturbance moves northeastward
away from the district.
A second low will develop near Cape Cod overnight tonight and track
near the Atlantic Coast of Mainland Nova Scotia on Sunday to lie near
Fourchu Sunday evening. Strong to gale force southerly winds are
forecast ahead of the low while strong to gale force easterlies are
expected north of it.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau,
Laurentian Fan, and Cabot Strait. Gale warnings are in effect for
Browns Bank, Georges Bank, LaHave Bank, West Scotian Slope,
Northumberland Strait, Gulf Magdalen and Anticosti.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for all waters except Georges
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: