Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM AST 01 November 2020
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 1 March 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. AST today ridge located over Cape Breton Island.
By 3:30 p.m. AST today departing ridge located over Laurentian Fan.
At 3:30 p.m. AST today deepening low 994 mb located over the Gulf
By 10:00 a.m. AST Tuesday low 966 mb located near Anticosti Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:41 AM AST 1 March 2021 An area of low pressure will develop over the Gulf of Maine this
afternoon and intensify tonight as it moves to lie near Anticosti
Island Tuesday morning. Winds will increase to strong to gale force
southeasterlies ahead of the low then shift to gale to storm force
northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou and
Anticosti-western-half. Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining
maritime waters. Freezing spray warnings are in effect for all waters
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: