Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2017
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 13 December 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. AST today deepening low 986 mb located over Maine.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Thursday low 959 mb located over western Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:25 AM AST 13 December 2017 A low pressure system over Maine will continue to deepen as it tracks
northeastward to lie over Western Labrador by Thursday morning.
Gale to storm force southeasterlies ahead of the low will shift to
gale force to possible storm force westerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Cabot Strait, Gulf Magdalen - northeastern half and Anticosti.
Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining waters.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
In addition, marine interests are advised that higher than normal
waters levels can be expected at high tide along the Atlantic Coast
of Nova Scotia and the Northern Gulf of St. Lawrence today.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: