Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM AST 01 November 2020
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 27 February 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. AST today ridge located over the central Marine
By 3:30 p.m. AST today departing ridge located east of the Marine
At 3:30 p.m. AST today trough located west of the Marine District.
By 3:30 p.m. AST Sunday trough located east of the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:42 AM AST 27 February 2021 A trough of low pressure will approach from the west this afternoon
and track across the marine district tonight and Sunday morning.
Strong to gale force southerly winds ahead of the trough shift to
strong to gale force west to northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except for Northumberland Strait - western half, Gulf
Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou and Anticosti. Freezing spray warnings are
in effect for Banquereau and Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: