Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2021
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 17 January 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. AST today low 981 mb located over New England.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Tuesday departing low 982 mb located over
At 3:30 p.m. AST today departing ridge located south of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:19 PM AST 17 January 2022 An intense low pressure system over New England will track
northeastward tonight to lie over Western Labrador by Tuesday
morning. Gale to storm force southeasterly winds ahead of this system
will become strong to gale force westerly winds in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
all waters except Chaleur-Miscou and Anticosti - western half, which
have gale warnings.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Fundy, Grand Manan,
Northumberland Strait, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou and Anticosti.
Marine interests are also advised that a high water level warning is
in effect for the southern coastline of Newfoundland. Additionally,
higher than normal water levels and rough seas are expected along the
Atlantic Coast near high tide this evening.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: