Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 22 August 2019
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots tonight and Friday.
Showers beginning Friday afternoon.
Low tonight plus 18. High Friday plus 25.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 22 August 2019 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1009 mb located over West Scotian
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Friday departing trough located east of the
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 998 mb located over central Quebec.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Friday weakening low 1007 mb located over the
St. Lawrence River.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:55 PM ADT 22 August 2019 A low pressure system over West Scotian Slope will continue to track
eastward across the slope waters tonight to exit the marine district
by Friday afternoon. Strong to gale force southwesterly winds are
forecast near this feature.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
West Scotian Slope and East Scotian Slope.
At 6 PM ADT, tropical depression Chantal was located near 38.1
North 42.4 west. Maximum sustained winds were 30 knots. Chantal was
moving east-southeast at about 12 knots, with a central pressure of
Chantal is not expected to pose a threat to the marine district.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: