Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2017
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 24 March 2018 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight quasi-stationary trough located south of
the Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located on a line east-west over
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Sunday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over southern Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 8:07 PM ADT 24 March 2018 A trough of low pressure oriented northeast to southwest will remain
nearly stationary south of the marine district tonight and Sunday.
Meanwhile a ridge of high pressure will slowly approach the Maritimes
from the northwest to lie over Southern Quebec Sunday evening.
Generally strong to gale force northeasterlies are expected between
these two features.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Fundy, Grand Manan, Lurcher, Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope,
eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau,
Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait, Gulf-Magdalen,
Chaleur-Miscou - eastern half and Anticosti-southeastern half.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Northumberland Strait,
Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou - eastern half and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: