Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2022
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 9 February 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. AST today trough located over Banquereau.
By 3:30 p.m. AST today departing trough located east of the
At 3:00 a.m. AST Friday low 996 mb located over southern Quebec.
By 3:30 p.m. AST Friday low 997 mb located over southeastern
At 10:00 a.m. AST today ridge located over Maine.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Friday ridge located on a line north-south over
the eastern Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:42 AM AST 9 February 2023 A trough over Banquereau will continue to move eastward. Strong to
gale force northwesterlies behind the trough will diminish today as a
ridge approaches from the west.
A low pressure system will approach the marine district from the west
Friday morning and cross the Gulf waters throughout the day Friday.
Strong to gale force winds are expected for most waters with this
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Fundy, Northumberland Strait - western half, Chaleur -
Miscou, and Anticosti.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for eastern shore, Fourchu,
Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait, Gulf - Magdalen, Chaleur -
Miscou, and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: