Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2017
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 23 March 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 989 mb located over eastern Nova Scotia.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing low 995 mb located northeast
of the Marine District.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Saturday approaching ridge located over Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:22 AM ADT 23 March 2018 A low pressure system over Eastern Nova Scotia will move
northeastward away from the district later today. Strong to gale
force northeasterlies over the Gulf of St. Lawrence will diminish to
strong northerlies today, then increase again to strong to gale force
northeasterlies on Saturday as a ridge of high pressure builds over
Labrador. Over southern waters strong to gale force southwesterlies
will diminish to moderate to strong westerlies later today.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Fundy, Grand Manan, Lurcher, Browns Bank, southwestern shore, LaHave
Bank, West Scotian Slope-northeastern half, Sable, East Scotian
Slope, Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait-northern half,
Northumberland Strait, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur - Miscou-eastern half
and Anticosti-southeastern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: