Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 30 October 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southeast 20 to 25 knots this morning and to southeast 45 this afternoon. Wind veering to southwest 30 to 35 late this evening then diminishing to southwest 25 to 30 Tuesday morning.
Rain and fog patches beginning this afternoon and ending near midnight. Fog patches dissipating this morning.
High today plus 15. Low tonight plus 10. High Tuesday plus 15.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 22 February 2018 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. AST today departing cold front located south of
At 10:00 a.m. AST today high 1043 mb located near the Great Lakes.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Friday high 1042 mb located over southeastern
At 3:30 p.m. AST Friday approaching trough located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:02 AM AST 22 February 2018 A cold front south of Nova Scotia will continue to move away from the
region today. Strong to gale force northwesterlies in the wake of the
front will diminish today.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti. Freezing spray
warnings are in effect for eastern shore-eastern half, Sable-eastern
half, Fourchu, Banquereau, Cabot Strait and all Gulf of St. Lawrence
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: