Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
Issued 08:00 PM NDT 18 May 2021
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind south 20 knots diminishing to south 10 to 15 Wednesday morning then becoming variable 10 to 15 Wednesday evening.
Issued 06:00 PM NDT 18 May 2021
Tonight and Wednesday. Seas 1 to 2 metres.
Issued 03:30 PM NDT 18 May 2021
Thursday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 25 in the afternoon.
Friday Wind southwest 25 to 35 knots.
Saturday Wind southwest 25 to 35 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday Bergy water.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5359N 5717W to 5447N 5644W to
5514N 5725W to 5558N 5647W to 5802N 5929W then northeastward. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:54 PM EDT 18 May 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 May estimated from Newfoundland near
5106N 5548W to 5245N 5235W to 5600N 5330W to 5955N 5455W to 6010N
5115W to 5625N 5030W to 5610N 4930W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 May estimated from Quebec near
5108N 5844W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5723W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 18 May 2021 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over the
southeastern Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over the Maritimes.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the southwestern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: