South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 24 June 2021
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to south 15 to 20 this afternoon and to south 25 this evening. Wind veering to southwest 15 to 20 late overnight then backing to south 25 Friday afternoon.
Showers tonight and Friday. Fog patches forming near noon Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 June 2021 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 6019N 6425W to 6045N 6247W
then northeastward. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 23 June 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4952N 5541W to 5005N 5320W to 5445N 5110W to 5600N 5200W to 5900N
5800W to 6130N 5930W to 6010N 5440W to 5750N 4720W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5108N 5844W to Newfoundland near 5021N 5728W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 24 June 2021 Today Tonight and Friday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today departing low 1008 mb located east of the
East Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located over the Northwest Labrador
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday departing ridge located over the East
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: