South Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 21 October 2018
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 this evening. Wind variable 10 to 15 Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 4 August 2018
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 October 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
5030N 5620W to 5030N 5400W to 5145N 5100W to 5430N 5100W to 5800N
5630W to 6000N 5400W to 5800N 5100W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5155N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5600W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 21 October 2018 Today Tonight and Monday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Mid Labrador Coast.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today departing ridge located north of Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:12 AM NDT 21 October 2018 A trough of low pressure over the Mid Labrador Coast will remain
nearly stationary today and tonight. On Monday the trough will weaken
and slowly move southward. Strong to gale force north to
northeasterly winds will persist north of the trough today.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale, North Labrador Coast - Saglek
and south, South Labrador Sea - northern half, Northwest Labrador Sea
- southern half, and the East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: