South Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 PM NST 07 February 2023
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to south 25 this evening then diminishing to south 15 to 20 Wednesday afternoon. Wind veering to southwest 10 to 15 Wednesday evening.
Risk of freezing spray late this afternoon tonight and Wednesday.
Temperatures minus 20 rising to minus 8 near noon Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 7 February 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4842N 5305W to 4933N 5332W
to 5015N 5520W to 5112N 5316W to 5324N 5057W to 5535N 5319W to 5618N
5621W to 5803N 5746W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice
9 tenths grey-white ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:08 PM EST 7 February 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 8 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
5015N 5631W to 4930N 4900W to 5135N 4720W to 5830N 5550W to 6005N
5015W to 5740N 4610W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 8 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5845W to Newfoundland near 5022N 5725W.
Iceberg Count10 to 25 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 7 February 2023 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. NST today trough located over northern Quebec.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Wednesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
east-west over Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 PM NST 7 February 2023 A trough of low pressure approaching from Quebec will move to lie
over northern waters this evening. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies will develop south of this trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for Mid
Labrador Coast, North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south, South
Labrador Sea, Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half, and East
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Sea, Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern
half, and East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: