Issued 10:00 AM NST 22 January 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots becoming light this evening then increasing to southwest 10 to 15 Thursday morning. Wind increasing to southwest 15 to 20 Thursday afternoon then veering to west 20 Thursday evening.
Temperatures minus 6 rising to minus 1 Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 January 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4930N 5225W
to 5015N 5505W to 5125N 5240W to 5455N 5255W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Open water except 8 tenths new ice including 2 tenths grey ice along
parts of the coast in the northern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 22 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5223N 5538W to 5330N 5400W to 5700N 5600W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NST 22 January 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. NST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 10:00 a.m. NST Thursday weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Newfoundland.
At 10:00 a.m. NST today low 1012 mb located southwest of the
By 10:00 a.m. NST Thursday low 996 mb located over the eastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:47 AM NST 22 January 2020 A low pressure system will approach from the southwest today and
cross extreme southeastern waters tonight. Gale to storm force
northeast to northwesterlies are expected to develop in its wake
tonight and Thursday.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Northern Grand Banks and Southeastern Grand Banks. Gale warnings are
in effect for Funk Island Bank - southern half and Southwestern Grand
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Gulf, East Coast - north
of Cape St. Francis and Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- East Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Funk Island Bank - northern half
- Funk Island Bank - southern half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: