Issued 03:00 AM NST 21 January 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind west 15 knots increasing to west 25 near noon then diminishing to west 15 to 20 near midnight. Wind backing to southwest 15 overnight. Wind southwest 15 Wednesday.
Flurries today and this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray beginning near noon and ending overnight.
Temperatures minus 14 to minus 6 rising to minus 5 Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 January 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4920N 5210W
to 5025N 5535W to 5155N 5330W to 5520N 5435W to 5655N 5700W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Open water except 8 tenths new ice along parts of the coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 20 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5223N 5538W to 5330N 5400W to 5700N 5600W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northeast CoastIssued 03:00 AM NST 21 January 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NST 21 January 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. NST today ridge located south of the Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Wednesday ridge located on a line east-west over
At 3:00 a.m. NST today trough located over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Wednesday departing trough located east of the
At 3:30 p.m. NST Wednesday approaching low 1012 mb located southwest
of the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:54 AM NST 21 January 2020 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all waters except the Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- East Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: