North Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 PM NST 24 January 2021
Tonight and Monday.
Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots backing to northwest 20 Monday afternoon.
Temperatures near minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 January 2021 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4925N 5420W to 5030N 5510W
to 5130N 5430W to 5220N 5340W to 5500N 5445W to 5800N 5800W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
7 tenths grey-white ice except 9 tenths grey-white ice including 3
tenths first-year ice in the northern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:22 PM EST 24 January 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near
5027N 5624W to 5040N 5315W to 5700N 5330W to 6300N 5800W to 6415N
5600W to 5720N 4700W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Jan estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5132N 5649W to Newfoundland near 5120N 5637W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 24 January 2021 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. NST today low 976 mb located over southern Belle
By 4:00 p.m. NST Monday low 990 mb located over southwestern
At 4:00 p.m. NST Monday building ridge located over northern Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 PM NST 24 January 2021 A low pressure system over Belle Isle Bank will move to lie over the
Great Northern Peninsula tonight. The low will then track
southwestward and weaken on Monday. Gale to storm force
northeasterlies to the north of the low will gradually diminish
tonight into Monday as the low weakens.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
South Labrador Sea - southern half. Gale warnings are in effect for
Lake Melville, South Labrador Coast, Mid Labrador Coast, South
Labrador Sea - northern half and East Labrador Sea - southern half.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northeastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southwestern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: