Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NST 22 January 2020
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 25 knots tonight and Thursday.
Flurries ending near noon Thursday.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 15 to minus 10 rising to minus 10 to minus 5 Thursday morning.
Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 January 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4930N 5225W
to 5015N 5505W to 5125N 5240W to 5455N 5255W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 3 tenths grey-white ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 22 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5223N 5538W to 5330N 5400W to 5700N 5600W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 9:30 PM NST 22 January 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 22 January 2020 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight low 992 mb located over eastern Hudson Bay.
By 9:30 p.m. NST Thursday low 982 mb located north of Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight dissipating ridge located over the
Northwest Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 PM NST 22 January 2020 A low pressure system will approach from Eastern Hudson Bay tonight
and cross the northern marine district Thursday. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies will develop ahead of the low.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea - southeastern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with open water.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- East Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Funk Island Bank - northern half
- Funk Island Bank - southern half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: