Issued 09:30 AM NST 21 January 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots today tonight and Wednesday.
Temperatures between minus 15 and minus 22.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 January 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4920N 5210W
to 5025N 5535W to 5155N 5330W to 5520N 5435W to 5655N 5700W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 21 January 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 a.m. NST today intensifying trough located over the northern
East Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Wednesday trough located east of the East
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight ridge located over northern Labrador.
By 9:30 p.m. NST Wednesday dissipating ridge located over Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:08 AM NST 21 January 2020 A trough of low pressure over northern sections of the East Labrador
Sea will intensify as it slowly moves southeastward to lie east
Of the district by Wednesday morning. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies ahead of the trough will shift to strong to gale
force northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with open water.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- East Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: