Issued 09:30 AM NST 24 January 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 35 knots diminishing to northeast 25 late overnight. Wind northeast 25 Monday.
Periods of snow. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 January 2021 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4925N 5420W to 5030N 5510W
to 5130N 5430W to 5220N 5340W to 5500N 5445W to 5800N 5800W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
Warnings (In effect)
Lake MelvilleIssued 09:30 AM NST 24 January 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 24 January 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 9:30 a.m. NST today low 973 mb located over southeastern Belle
By 9:30 a.m. NST Monday low 987 mb located over western
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:22 AM NST 24 January 2021 A low pressure system over Belle Isle Bank will move westwards today
to lie over the Great Northern Peninsula tonight. The low will then
track southwestward and weaken on Monday. Gale to storm force
northeasterlies to the north of the low will persist today then
gradually diminish tonight into Monday as the low weakens.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
South Labrador Sea - southern half. Gale warnings are in effect for
Lake Melville, South Labrador Coast, Mid Labrador Coast, South
Labrador Sea - northern half and East Labrador Sea - southern half.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northeastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southwestern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: