Issued 04:00 AM NST 19 January 2018
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 late overnight then becoming light Saturday afternoon.
Flurries beginning Saturday afternoon.
High today minus 13. Low tonight minus 27. High Saturday minus 20.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 January 2018 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5325W to
Newfoundland near 4900N 5340W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4925N 5420W to
4945N 5430W to 4940N 5450W to Newfoundland near 4930N 5510W. Sea ice
south of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5040N 5610W to 5105N
5245W to 5455N 5250W to 5610N 5605W to 5800N 5720W then northwards.
Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths grey-white ice except consolidated first-year ice in
the extreme western section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 19 January 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. NST today intensifying trough located on a line
north-south over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NST today intensifying trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 a.m. NST today ridge located over Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Saturday ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over central Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:20 PM NST 18 January 2018 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: