Issued 09:30 PM NDT 18 May 2021
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light tonight and Wednesday.
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 18 May 2021
Thursday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 20 in the afternoon.
Friday Wind southwest 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15.
Saturday Wind north 15 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday Open water except 1 tenth first-year ice in the western section.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5359N 5717W to 5447N 5644W to
5514N 5725W to 5558N 5647W to 5802N 5929W then northeastward. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Open water except 1 tenth first-year ice in the western section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 18 May 2021 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located east of
the Marine District.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line north-south over
the Mid Labrador Coast.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Wednesday weakening trough located on a line
north-south over Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:41 PM NDT 18 May 2021 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have ended.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: