Issued 04:00 PM NST 26 January 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northwest 15 knots backing to southwest 10 to 15 late overnight then increasing to southwest 20 Thursday evening.
Temperatures minus 28 to minus 20.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 26 January 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4739N 5240W to 4840N 5224W
to 4948N 5325W to 5022N 5508W to 5150N 5237W to 5448N 5204W to 5803N
5618W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 26 January 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. NST today low 996 mb located over the South Labrador
By 9:30 a.m. NST Thursday low 990 mb located over southwestern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 PM NST 26 January 2022 A low pressure system over the South Labrador Sea will continue
northeastward across the Labrador Sea tonight. Strong to gale force
southeasterlies ahead of the low will shift to gale to storm force
northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea. Gale warnings are in effect for South Labrador
Coast, Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south, South Labrador Sea,
and Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all areas with open water.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: