East Brevoort - southern half
Issued 05:00 AM EST 17 January 2020
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northeast 25 knots backing to northwest 30 early this evening then diminishing to northwest 15 Saturday morning. Wind increasing to north 25 Saturday afternoon then backing to northwest 30 Saturday evening.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Moderate freezing spray becoming severe Saturday evening.
Temperatures near minus 5.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 17 January 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5800W to 6040N 5950W to 6150N 5755W to
6220N 5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west and northwest of the
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Brevoort - southern halfIssued 05:00 AM EST 17 January 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 PM EST 21 December 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: