Central Brevoort - northern half
Issued 05:00 AM EST 31 January 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light increasing to north 15 knots this evening and to north 20 late overnight. Wind backing to northwest 25 Wednesday evening.
Periods of snow Wednesday late in the day.
Temperatures minus 28 rising to minus 24 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 30 January 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5803N 5704W to 6000N 5819W to 6132N 5754W
then northeastwards. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
8 tenths first-year ice except 9 plus tenths first-year ice
including a trace of old ice in the western section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 AM EST 18 December 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 1200 UTC Sunday cold front located from Foxe Basin to James Bay.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday cold front located over Hudson Strait.
At 1200 UTC Sunday quasi-stationary ridge located over Greenland.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: